Betting on Ice - The Magners Celtic League Betting Blog

Providing betting tips for the Magners Celtic League with informed knowledge and expert analysis.

Monday, October 23, 2006

HEC Betting Summary....

A barely satisfactory 5/8 This weekend but it’s useful to pick over the bones and see what lessons are there to be learnt and to see where I went totally wrong

Calvisano v Stade Francais Lost
Borders v Overmach Parma Win
Leicester v Munster Lost
Ulster v Toulouse Win
Bourgoin v Cardiff Win
Biarritz v Northampton Lost
London Irish v Scarlets Win
Agen v Edinburgh Win


Calvisano v SF

I’ve quite simply underestimated how poor the Italian sides are this season. SF did send a 2nd string team out but sadly the French reserves were far to strong. My mistake is looking at the Italian national team as a whole and thinking they’ve come on leaps and bounds. Looks like I’m wrong.

Leicester v Munster

Never underestimate Munster and the power of the HEC. With hindsight it was obvious that Munster were targeting this game and the blips against Edinburgh last week was just that. Munster did get a lucky try and I do think the Tigers tried to play rugby but at the end of the day the red machine ticked on and I should have been aware.

Biarritz v Northampton

Kind of disappointing this result as Biarritz had the cap covered at half time and merely took their feet off their collective French pedals and let Northampton score the only try of the second half. I really thought this game was heading for a massacre but it’s always tricky betting on caps involving the French – just one of those things I suppose. The French, as I mentioned on Friday, are over estimated in this years HEC and it should make for some interesting betting.


As I've mentioned previously....My target is to make a profit from the group games, something which I'm sure I'll accomplish. Should be interesting next weekend watching the bookies cap the Celtic League teams as I think I'm right in saying that if you had bet on all the caps including Celtic League teams you would have come out 6 for 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home